Wow … Pepper of Paleo for Women is on fire! First there was her great series on weight loss. And she’s topped that with her last post — The Evolutionary Perspective: Liberating and Empowering a Woman’s Self-hood — which makes the not often enough said point that ancestral health is not just about avoiding neolithic foods.
You must go to her blog to read the whole post, but here are the highlights of an evolutionary perspective for women.
According to Pepper, with an evolutionary perspective:
- a woman does not work against but instead works with her body
- a woman listens to her body
- a woman does not see herself as separate from her body
- a woman loves and respects her body
- a woman is free
- a woman feels good
- a woman looks amazing and real
- chins come up
- a woman is fierce
- things aren’t perfect
As I have the not being perfect thing down pat, here’s to being fierce!!